A Rabun County Outdoor Adventure Weekend
Oct 03, 2016 06:50PM
● By Melanie Heisinger
Whitewater rafting. Photo courtesy of ExploreRabun.com.
With the seasons changing and the weather cooling down, getting in one last adventurous weekend outdoors is key. Before hunkering down inside with hot cocoa in front of the fireplace, enjoy a fun weekend in our lovely Rabun County.
- Arrive at The Dillard House for check-in
(Enjoy the full experience of the Dillard House from their hotel to their southern style meals to everything in between)
- Dinner at the Dillard House
(You will be full for a very long time. Save up room!)
- Breakfast at The Cupboard Café in Dillard, GA
(You’ll need a full stomach to carry you through the days adventure. The Cupboard is a great place to start your day.)
- Whitewater rafting at Southeastern Expeditions or Wildwater Limited.
(You’ll get wet but what a rush when you crush over those rapids.)
- Back to the Dillard House to change clothes and catch your breath.
- Dinner at Universal Joint in downtown Clayton
(You’ll love the fantastic burgers and some great music on the weekends. A great way to end a great day!)
- Breakfast at Valley Café in Dillard, GA
(Another good meal that Dillard, GA is known for)
- Take a hike down, around, and over the Tallulah Gorge at the Tallulah Gorge State Park.
(It’s a great hike for folks of all skill levels, beautiful views, and a perfect way to end a weekend in Rabun County.)
Where is your favorite place to explore in the area? Let us know by contacting us!
All content courtesy of ExploreRabun.com.